Wednesday, May 2, 2007

An Open Letter

Dear Mr. Tom Hicks and Mr. George Gillette, Jr.,

Doesn’t it feel fantastic to be a Red! Reds beat Chelsea again, this time on pens. The lads were ace tonight and the fans were on top form! Especially on European nights, Anfield has the best atmosphere in all of football. Bar none. The passion of the supporters that has lasted for well over a hundred years for the club is what makes Liverpool FC. The fans treasure this tight bond. On a personal note, Liverpool FC is one of the few positive things from my childhood that I hold on to. Being the new owners of the club, I hope and plead that you will preserve this relationship, and that you will always keep in mind the massive history of this club and what it means to us, the fans. So, I hope that the event that transpired tonight has given you a new and more in-depth perspective of what Liverpool FC is.

I look forward to this new era of partnership, and I wish you both all the best. The future of Liverpool FC depends on you.

Respectfully yours,
A Reds fan of 30 years

No comments: