Wednesday, June 27, 2007

that old time radio


http://www.davidbyrne.com/radio/

[j-d] So who missed their favorite internet radio stations yesterday??

Yesterday all the "cool webmusic stations" went on strike, that is to say they went silent-- to protest the upcoming copyright rate hikes (see Rey's blog June 16, 2007). I was only effected for the length of time it takes to check my emails. And- the get thin, with a large penis, you won the UK lottery, help out charles taylor emails were not as numerous as usual. . . . which is to say I was not affected. So who does listen to the web streaming radio? Is there a "real" audience? It is not the construction worker, the waitress, the whole service industry--- to listen one must first have a work place with a desk and a computer. Or are we all tuning in at home on our time off? There are some inherent problems with the whole radio over the web concept.

If you don't own a computer, you can go to the public library to order your Canadian drugs on line. But, can you listen to your internet radio there??? SSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! quiet.

Personally, I am hoping Jim with all his electronic knowledge can fix my XM satellite radio. If he can't I was planning to hook a laptop up in my studio for the non corporate radio stations-- but I guess I will have to wait on that until i see what happens to webradio.

Here is a link to that explains more about this issue. http://journal.davidbyrne.com/2007/04/4107_your_gover.html

And I included a link to my favorite webradio station, just click on the title of this blog.


def art: "Good art is expensive!"

No comments: