Monday, April 30, 2007

Going Underground

I'm probably one of the few people that actually like Mondays, probably because Monday is not my usual start of the week. Sunday is, which I use to prep for Monday. When Monday comes, and I've got my morning tea, the day usually goes pretty smoothly. Unless one puts a special effort into it, it's hard to f*ck up Mondays for me.
So, today, I had a little time to surf the web at work during lunch. I am actually in search of sheet music. Scot, a kilt-wearing, rock climbin' (not at the same time, thankfully), Sinatra lovin' lad, recently bought a mandolin or some stringed instrument, and I think that it would be cool to actually get him a sheet music of that REM song - Losing My Religion, with which he can annoy his neighbors. I've found a number of websites that actually sell sheet music online. I thought that it would be a "pay and download" kind of transaction, but it turns out, one needs to download some special software for it. I'm paranoid about downloading applications from the internet. This fear may be irrational, and I may just have to get over it. So, Scot, if you are reading this, I would like to be able to say that your sheet music will have to wait until I can deal with my internet issues. But alas! I may not have the luxury to put it off. You may actually get your sheet music soon. You see, Scot is one of my staff, and he may want to relocate to London, as well. If that happens, the salary that the MRC pays may not be enough for Scot to live on with his princely habits and all. He may need to ply his music trade in the Underground. For those unfamiliar with London, the Underground is not a club where budding, yet-to-be-discovered musical talents play. It's the subway. So, Scot, I say to you - "Play on your bluegrass, your fiddle, your mandolin, and your didgeridoo. Your welfare may just depend on it. And I would like to make a request, some Tool tunes, please."

No comments: